An international group, headquartered in Germany and formed by a merger of a German and a French tier-2 automotive supplier. It is owned by a financial investor. The company is focusing on turbocharger precision parts, supplying all major turbo system suppliers worldwide. The technologies include turning, milling, casting and assembly. Production sites are located in Germany, Slovakia, Mexico and China, providing a global footprint in the automotive supplier industry. To further strengthen the position in a growing market company seeks a highly motivated and sophisticated Key Account Manager (f/m/d). The Key Account Manager will be responsible for business development with some of the major customers.
- Leadership and ownership of business development of the assigned customer(s)
- Customers point of contact across all business functions
- Preparation of short-mid- and long-term sales plans / strategies
- Preparation of the annual sales budget for assigned customers, following execution and taking actions needed to assure budget being delivered
- Management of RFQ process and sales related negotiations with respective customers
- Provide business support in presenting technical solutions and cost advantages to the customers
- Accountable for contract negotiations for strategically important contracts with key customers
- Establishes and governs a trustful and longstanding relationship with key customers
- Overseeing the market in order to find business opportunities across all sales channels, markets, and personnel
- Achieve the targeted sales development and assigned strategic targets by proposing solutions and business model meeting the customer and company expectations
- Identify and understand client needs and business trends, including competitor activities and market data
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects
- Works close with the Sales Dir. / CEO to implement strategic goals for the organisation
Personal Requirements & Cultural Fit
- Key Account Manager with a strong work ethic and prepared to ‘go the extra mile’
- A person with an entrepreneurial mindset, the candidate will be capable of working independently and pro-actively, anticipating challenges and developing new concepts
- Technically credible and able to discuss engineering issues with clients in order to provide solutions.
- Team player who will have proven experience to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Proven knowledge and success in the automotive supplier market (preferably turbocharger components)
- Able to work in close partnership with the Sales Director / CEO / and the management team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to manage internal and external relationships
- Energy and enthusiasm, coupled with integrity of the highest order
- Used to negotiate and acquire contracts on top level management
- High self-motivation and a strong commercial understanding
- Team player who likes to work in a multicultural environment
- Ready to take the next step and willing to grow into the next career opportunity
- Candidate should ideally have Sales or KAM experience in an international, automotive company with sufficient complexity
- Minimum five years of sales experience in the automotive business-to-business sales environment
- Experience with second tier suppliers and/or turbocharger environment
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, enthusiastic, result-oriented, pragmatic and experienced Key Account Manager, with proven track record in a multi-national automotive environment.
The candidate should bring a demonstrated and relevant expertise in all aspects of sales & Key Account Management, especially within a international sales organization. The candidate as well has a deep understanding of the automotive supplier markets. The candidate has the ability to further grow within the organization in order to take more responsibility in the future.
Education: University degree in Economics, Engineering, Vehicle Technology or affiliated field
Reporting line: Sales Dir / CEO
Languages: English (fluent), French and /or German would be highly appreciated
Start: as soon as possible
Have we aroused your interest?
Please apply to the following address:
BOOSTER Precision Components GmbH
Industriepark Brundorf 4